As the largest service institution at Leipzig University, we feel responsible for providing information on recommended courses of action and points of contact in case of sexualized discrimination and violence (in the university context). This page provides further information and details of selected advisory services at Leipzig University.
Sexualised discrimination and violence means unwanted behavior of a sexualized nature that has the purpose or effect of violating the dignity of the person affected.
Source: Office for Equality, Diversity and Family Affairs (Leipzig University)
- Trust your own powers of perception! Put distance between you and the person in question. If you can, speak to the person loudly and clearly so that those around you become aware of the situation. Ask bystanders for help.
- Look out for others: offer support to those who need it.
- Inform library staff or security guards immediately. You can also do this by calling the telephone numbers listed under “Contact points at LUL”. You can also call the police (by dialing 110), as the behavior described above is a reportable criminal offence. Our staff will be happy to support you on site if you wish.
- If you have observed anything untoward, please inform us by emailing email@example.com (Senate Commission on Sexualized Discrimination and Violence at Leipzig University). It is important not to blame yourself. Only the discriminating person is responsible for their actions. Take your feelings seriously and stand up for yourself, if necessary with the support of people close to you or advisory services.
It is important not to blame yourself. Only the discriminating person is responsible for their actions. Take your feelings seriously and stand up for yourself, if necessary with the support of people close to you or advisory services.
- Staff and security team on site
- Bibliotheca Albertina security guards: +49 341 97-30549
- Campus Library security guards: +49 341 97-30826
- Library of Education and Sport Science security guards: +49 341 97-30504
- Medicine and Sciences Library security guards: +49 341 97-14221
- (Anonymous) report to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisory service at the Office for Equality, Diversity and Family Affairs (CDF)
- Psychosocial counselling service of the Student Council (StuRa)
- Nightline Leipzig, a listening and information service for students
- Psychosocial Counselling of the Studentenwerk Leipzig
- Violence against women support hotline (counselling in 17 languages and German Sign Language)
- Contact point at the Leipzig police for LGBTTIQ*
- Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency (counselling in German Sign Language and "Leichte Sprache")
- CDF information portal: EsGehtUnsAn! University against sexualized discrimination and violence
- Equality and Life Policy Unit (RGL) of the Student Council
- Staff and security guards have been made aware of the issue.
- Additional patrols by staff and security guards on library premises
- Cooperation and liaising with the Senate Commission on Sexualized Discrimination and Violence at Leipzig University, which was set up in May 2022