Reduced opening hours as of 2 November: seat reservation or check-in required
From Monday, November 2, 2020, adjusted opening hours apply at the following library branches:
- Bibliotheca Albertina, Campus Library, Medicine and Sciences Library and Law Library: Monday–Friday: 8 am–7 pm, Saturday: 10 am–4 pm, Sunday: closed
- Library of Education and Sports Science: Monday-Friday: 8 am–7 pm, Saturday: closed
- Library of Veterinary Medicine: Monday–Friday: 9 am–6 pm, December 14 till December 16: 10am-4pm
The number of patrons who are allowed to be in the library branches at the same time is limited and controlled.
For access to the branches, a prior booking of a seat for working in the library (seats.ub.uni-leipzig.de) or from now on a check-in on site (borrowing, returning, scanning, copying) is mandatory. The confirmation of seat reservation or the check-in confirmation must be presented to the security personnel or library staff at the entrance. Furthermore, the wearing of a mouth and nose protection is mandatory in all library buildings, also at the booked workstations.
New: Check-in for borrowing, returning, scanning and copying
Check-in on site is now mandatory for borrowing, returning, scanning and copying. Access to the library branches is valid for a maximum of 1 hour, check-in is of course free of charge. The number of patrons who are allowed to be in the library branches at the same time is limited.
- Scan the QR code on site or call up the link provided on the notice board,
- Enter your contact details,
- Present confirmation of check-in to security personnel or library staff.
Check-in without mobile device:
At the entrance we provide a form to fill in your conact data.
Data protection information (Check-in via darfichrein.de)
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we document the contact information of our users. The sole purpose of this data collection is to trace the chain of infection. The data is stored in encrypted form and automatically deleted after one month. They can only be decrypted by the Department for Data Protection and Information Security and this only takes place if the University of Leipzig is requested to do so by the health authorities. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Leipzig cooperates with darfichrein.de for the digital contact registration. Darfichrein.de is an initiative of the AKDB (Anstalt für Kommunale Datenverarbeitung Bayern) and DEHOGA Bayern. You can find more information at darfichrein.de.