Phased reopening of branches from 21 April 2020
In accordance with the decision taken by Germany’s regional leaders on 15 April 2020, Leipzig University Library will gradually resume business from Tuesday 21 April while observing hygiene and social distancing regulations.
First of all, the contactless lending of open-access and closed-stack items will be reintroduced from 21 April at Bibliotheca Albertina and the Campus Library as well as the Medicine/Sciences, Education and Sport Science, and Veterinary Medicine libraries. Separate rules apply to the Law Library.
Personal assistance is not available until further notice, and users may not linger in the libraries. The exhibition and Café Alibi at Bibliotheca Albertina will remain closed. The number of users in library buildings will be limited.
The new opening times are as follows:
- Bibliotheca Albertina: Monday–Friday, 8am–6pm
- Campus Library: Monday–Friday, 8am–6pm
Access only via the night entrance
- Education and Sport Science Library: Monday–Friday, 10am–4pm
- Law Library: See the information posted here.
- Library of Medicine and Sciences: Monday–Friday, 8am–6pm
- Veterinary Medicine Library: Monday–Friday, 10am–4pm
The document delivery service is also being reintroduced for staff and doctoral students of Leipzig University.
All other branches where contactless lending is not possible will remain closed until further notice.
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions.