E-resources during the corona crisis
With the corona crisis and the associated restrictions on teaching, studies and research, access to a comprehensive range of electronic media is all the more important.
Numerous providers have already responded to the increased demand by granting access to their e-books and e-journals for the duration of the crisis.
Below is a list of electronic resources which on the one hand are relevant to general teaching and research and on the other deal specifically with current research relating to COVID-19.
This list is constantly updated.
Last updated: 10 August 2020, 09:00 am
- AMBOSS: All medical content on the learning platform until the end of the summer semester (only for teaching staff after registration); all scientific content free for one month (only after registration)
- DynaMed: Free trial of the entire database
- Elsevier: Textbooks on ScienceDirect until 31 August 2020 / List of titles in Excel file (access to university members only)
- JSTOR: 26 public health journals until 31 December 2020
- JSTOR: All previously unlicensed collections (including journals and digital copies) until 31 December 2020 and several e-books until 31 August 2020 (access to all university members via VPN client)
- Microbiology Society: Several journals until further notice
- Mohr Siebeck: The complete ebook portfolio is licensed until 31 December 2020 (access to all university members via VPN client)
- WILA Arbeitsmarkt: Several publications of 2020 until further notice (access to university members only)
Following the appeal by international health experts on 13 March 2020, numerous editors and publishers have agreed to make their publications relating to COVID-19 along with the underlying data immediately available in PubMed Central (PMC) and other suitable public repositories.
A list of the participating publishers and journals as well as tips on how to search for content in PubMed can be found here.
In addition, the following publishers have compiled special thematic pages listing freely accessible digital resources on COVID-19 and the management of epidemics/pandemics in general:
- Bioone: Articles on COVID-19
- BMJ: Articles, book chapters and news on COVID-19
- Cambridge Core Collection: Journal articles and book chapters on COVID-19
- Cell Press: Articles on COVID-19
- Cochrane Library: Special collections with reviews on COVID-19
- Elsevier: Articles and news on COVID-19
- Emerald: Journal articles and book chapters on COVID-19 and epidemiology
- European Respiratory Journal: Articles on COVID-19
- JAMA Network: Articles, interviews and maps on COVID-19
- Journal of Medical Virology: Special issue on COVID-19
- Karger: Articles on COVID-19
- New England Journal of Medicine: Articles on COVID-19
- Oxford University Press: Articles on COVID-19
- Ovid: Articles, news and tools on COVID-19
- Science: Articles and news on COVID-19
- Taylor & Francis: Articles on COVID-19
- Wiley: Articles on COVID-19