Open Access Publishing Fund PLUS
- Are you publishing a scientific journal in print and plan to launch an online version?
- You plan on starting a new open access journal or open access project and you are looking for advice and financial support?
- You are organizing a conference and you want to publish its outcomes freely and accessible worldwide?
... than why not apply for support to the Open Access Publishing Fund PLUS of Leipzig University!?
The Publishing Fund PLUS of Leipzig University supports open access projects of all kind, no matter if you are launching a new journal, if you are transforming an existing subscription journal to open access or if you plan on publishing monographs. There is no limitation in supported formats of open access publishing. The advancement of established open access projects is explicitely included.
The Open Science Office coordinates the fund. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
- projects can apply for a maximum of 3,000 €
- all publications within the project must be accessible immidiately and without restrictions (open access)
- persitent identifiers (such as DOI, URN, Handle) must be assigned to all publications to ensure longterm access and allow for feeding into external databases.
- (machine readable) licences should be attached to each publication to enable reuse
Excluded from support are author publication charges for articles in open access journals.
Please send proposals to the Open Science Office. Proposals should be of about two pages in length and cover the following points:
- the scope and idea of the project
- statement regarding the sustainability of the project (personel, structure, data management)
- the reach and relevance of the project regarding internationalisation, relevance for the field, cooperations
- financial and task management
- personal data of the project manager and contact information of the contact person
Authorside book or article processing charges cannot be considered.
Proposals can be submitted as of now and yearlong. Assessment and decision takes place quarterly through the representatives of the rectors office for the quality assurance of the open access support of Leipzig University.
Please direct any enquiry regarding the fund to the Open Science Office.
Assessment of proposals will take place quarterly by the representativs of the rectors office for the quality assurance of the open access support at Leipzig University:
- Prof. Barbara Drinck (Institute of Educational Sciences)
- Prof. Gereon Müller (Institute of Linguistics)
- Prof. Ursula Rao (Institute of Anthropology)
Supported Projects 2016
- Relaunch and Extension of the web pages of Gender Glossar
Applicants: Barbara Drinck, Ilse Nagelschmidt, Heinz-Jürgen Voss (Editors of GenderGlossar)
- Launch auf reVisions, a multilingual Open Access Platform for Discussions on Culture in East Asia and Beyond
Applicant: Martin Roth (Japanese Studies)
- Support for a special open access edition of the journal MATCH for the "Mathematics in Chemistry Meeting" 2016 in Leipzig, published by Prirodno-Matematički Fakultet/Univerzitet u Novom Sad, Serbia
Applicant: Peter Stadler (Bioinformatics)
Supported Projects 2019
- Launch of arbeitstitel | Forum für Leipziger Promovierende, an Open Access journal for doctoral students at Leipzig University
Applicant: Thomas Schmid (Institute for Computer Science) on behalf of the Doctoral Student Council
- Support for the publication of the conference proceedings "Ideologie, Kritik, Öffentlichkeit. Verhandlungen des Netzwerks Kritische Kommunikationswissenschaft" on the publication server of the Leipzig University
Applicant: Uwe Krüger (Institute for Communication and Media Studies)