Bibliotheca Albertina, 4th floor
Phone: +49 341 97-30526
Fax: +49 341 97-30599
Special Collections Reading Room
20 working places – Wi-Fi – computer working stations provided with internet access – illuminated displays – UV-lamps
Printed holdings published before 1850 are exclusively provided in the Special Collections reading room. Those items can be found and requested in the library's catalog. A library card is required, please register at the service desk (2nd floor).
The consultation of manuscripts, incunabula, estates, collections of autographs, coins and papyri is possible only by a written appointment.
- Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance.
- Documents will be reserved in the reading room for 10 days.
We kindly ask you not to bring food or drinks to the special collections reading room and to use the lockers there to store your bags.
- Preparation of high resolution digital color copies is liable for fees depending on the material's conservational status
Costs for high resolution digital color copies, for holdings published before 1850:
- Prints: 0,60 € each page/scan
- Handwritten material (autographs, medieval and modern manuscripts): 1,20 € each page/scan; 0,60 € page/scan (more than 21 scans: 0,60 €)
Tours and bookings of the Special Collections reading room for courses are possible upon
Contact Department Special Collections and Digitization: firstname.lastname@example.org