American Space Leipzig
The American Space Leipzig is an initiative between the University Leipzig, the U.S. Consulate General Leipzig. It opened on 3rd December 2013 as first of its kind in Eastern Germany to encourage exchange and dialog between the United States and Germany. Worldwide are 800 American Spaces in approx. 170 states.
In Germany are 10 networking institutions. The American Space Leipzig is located at Leipzig University Library and the coordination is run by "Deutsch-Amerikanisches Institut Sachsen" (DAIS). Leipzig University Library serves as information service center. The collection of American Studies of Leipzig University Library is gradually expanded by new items, covering not only printed books, but also E-Books and DVDs. Access to extensive databases at the Bibliotheca Albertina offers the possibility to research a great variety of subjects.
Do you want to know more? Have a read in our Blog articles:
Visit the American Space at Leipzig University Library, Bibliotheca Albertina, 2nd floor east win. The subject guide for American Studies, Dr. Sophia Manns-Süßbrich, offers consultation.
- Lecture about american culture and politics
- Consultation about scholarships and internships at the United States
- Events for Alumni/ae
- Training courses for teacher
- Film series in cooperation with DAIS, the Institute for American Studies and the Grassi Ethnological Museum
- German Expressionism in Hollywood (Sommersemester 2022)
- New York! New York! (Wintersemester 2022)
- Native Cinema (Sommersemester 2023)