Citation tools are a big help in managing and organizing increasing amounts of bibliographical sources.
- They automatically manage references and citations and may add additional information such as abstracts, keywords or comments.
- They automatically create bibliographies.
- You can choose from various citation styles.
- Yo may write and cite while citations and quotations are automatically inserted and formatted in your document.
- They check the availability of full text resources of your library. For Leipzig University Library please use the following BaseURL/OpenURL: www.redi-bw.de/links/ubl
There are various citation tools available. A comparison of citation tools is offered by Technische Universität München.
Leipzig University Library (with partners Leipzig University IT Services and Research Academy Leipzig) offers you a site license. Therefore all students, staff and members of Leipzig University can use Citavi free of charge.
Citavi offers more than the above mentioned functions:
- It saves bibliographic information as from library catalogs or from web pages with just one click (Citavi Picker).
- It imports references from web-based resources in RIS, EndNote Tagged, and BibTeXL formats or other reference management programs.
- It organizes your notes and quotations.
- Plan tasks.
See Citavi for more information.
Please note that Citavi only runs on Windows.
- Download and install Citavi Free if you have not done so already: Citavi Free Download
- For getting access to the Citavi Pro licence, create your Citavi Account here. You will be redirected to an online form to request your personal license key for Citavi Pro. You will receive the key in your Citavi Account. Please note: Only your university e-mail address is permitted.
- After entering the license key, Citavi Free will be unlocked. You will get more details in the message with instructions for entering your license key.
The license key is valid 1 year after registration. After this period the new licence key will be sent to your Citavi Account. So if you are still member of the university at this time, you will be able to access the new licence key in your account. Otherwise you may not add Citavi projects with more than 100 references but they can still be used in read-only mode. With your personal license key you can use the Citavi Pro = full version with installations on two different devices (computer/laptop or USB Flash Drive).