Information on Leipzig University Student's Library Account (My Account)
Students of Leipzig University automatically become a member of the university's library once they are enrolled. The library account is linked to the university's identity management and the AlmaWeb-account.
- No registration at the library necessary
- Student ID = library card
- My Account Login (My Account):
library card number ("Bibl.Nr." on the backside of the Student ID) + Password: date of birth (dd.mm.yyyy)
- Contact information: Please update your address through AlmaWeb
- The e-mail reminders of the library will be sent to your university e-mail address (use the forwarding feature in webmail if you want to use another e-mail address)
- Access licensed electronic media: WLAN at the university campus, remote access via VPN-client:
Login = university e-mail address + respective password
- Please return all borrowed items and check if there are unpaid fines on your account.
- The account will automatically be deactivated once you exmatriculate.
- We will inform you about the upcoming closure of your library account in advance, so that you will have enough time to return borrowed items and settle your account. It will not be possible to request, borrow or renew anymore.
- The access to licensed electronic media will be blocked once you exmatriculate.
- Should you enroll again at Leipzig University within one year, your University account and simultaneously your library account will be activated again.
You are very welcome to use Leipzig University Library as alumni/ae. The only thing you need to do is to register as external visitor at one of the service desks. All you need to bring is a valid ID card or passport. For the library card a non-refundable fee of 8 € has to be paid.
For further information please check here.