You may register online for a library card. Please choose the option applying to you and fill out the form. We will notify you once the library card can be picked up in your chosen library.
Library card for external borrowers
Library card for teaching staff, other employees, doctoral students and people affiliated with Leipzig University
|Students of HTWK or HMT Leipzig can register with their Student ID for free at Leipzig University Library. Please enquire in person at the service desk.|
Individuals registered with Leipzig University Library may access their library account online.
Log in to your library account to
- Renew loan periods
- Recall items
- Request items from the stacks
- View items you have borrowed and their due dates, your requests and recalled items
- Change your password and address (If your are student of Leipzig University please update your personal data through AlmaWeb. We automatically receive those updates each business day.)
- Set a personal PIN to use the self-service terminals (Please note: If you change your password you will have to set a new PIN.)
- Create lists of titles, save searches
Your default library login is a combination of your library number and your date of birth (DDMMYYYY). Please change this default login into an individual one and set a new PIN. In case you forgot your password please write us an e-mail: email@example.com. In case you lost your library card or student ID please contact us as soon as possible to block your account (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +49 341 97-30577).