Citation tools are a big help in managing and organizing increasing amounts of bibliographical sources.
- They automatically manage references and citations and may add additional information such as abstracts, keywords or comments.
- They automatically create bibliographies.
- You can choose from various citation styles.
- Yo may write and cite while citations and quotations are automatically inserted and formatted in your document.
- They check the availability of full text resources of your library. For Leipzig University Library please use the following BaseURL/OpenURL: https://www.redi-bw.de/links/ubl
There are various citation tools available. A comparison of citation tools is offered by Technische Universität München.
Leipzig University Library offers you (with partners Leipzig University IT Services and Research Academy Leipzig) a site license. Therefore all students, staff and members of Leipzig University can use Citavi free of charge.
Citavi offers more than the above mentioned functions:
- It saves bibliographic information as from library catalogs or from web pages with just one click (Citavi Picker).
- It imports references from web-based resources in RIS, EndNote Tagged, and BibTeXL formats or other reference management programs.
- It organizes your notes and quotations.
- Plan tasks.
See Citavi for more information.
If you want to run Citavi on a Mac/OS X, please read the following instructions.
- Download and install Citavi Free if you have not done so already: Citavi Free Download
- For getting access to the Citavi Pro licence and requesting a personal licence key, create your Citavi Account here. Please note: Only your university e-mail address is permitted.
- Citavi will automatically retrieve your licence key the next time you log in.
The license key is valid one year after registration. After this period the new licence key will be sent to your Citavi Account. So if you are still member of the university at this time, your licence key will automatically be retrieved.Otherwise you may not add Citavi projects with more than 100 references but they can still be used in read-only mode.