All training resources and online workshops
Discover LUL online - on this page you will find all online available self-learning offers about LUL and its services bundled and sorted by event format.
Take a coffee break with our Coffee Lectures, in which we, together with the Academic Lab of the University of Leipzig, provide input on scientific work in short lectures, you can watch tours of our libraries online, use tutorials and get an overview of our online workshops, in which topics are presented in detail and interactively.
Have fun browsing.
The Academic Lab (AL) and the Leipzig University Library (UBL) regularly provide you with short lectures on scientific work, literature research and the notorious procrastination.
So-called "Coffee Lectures" are a proven concept to provide a crisp insight of 15 to 20 minutes into the diverse offerings of an academic institution and to address topics related to scientific writing and working.
- Was du schon immer über Word wissen wolltest, aber bisher nicht zu fragen wagtest mit Dr. Tibor Nebel (UBL) – German only
- Seven Ways to Write Like a Native Speaker mit Kerstin Gackle (AL)
- Immer schön umständlich? Zum Stil wissenschaftlicher Texte mit Robert Feustel (AL) – German only
- Schluss mit der Zettelwirtschaft – endlich Ordnung in meiner Literatur mit Dr. Tibor Nebel (UBL) – German only
- Motiviert Studieren: Wie hole ich mir meine Motivation zurück? mit Andy Plötz (AL) – German only
We invite you to join us on a virtual tour of our libraries. Our colleagues will give you an insight into the branches of Leipzig University Library: where you can find which literature, what the special features of the equipment are and who you can contact.
- Bibliotheca Albertina (English subtitles available soon)
- Campus Library (English subtitles available soon)
- Medicine and Life Sciences Library (English subtitles available)
- Law Library (English subtitles available)
The videos are located on the Youtube channel of Leipzig University.
Book personal consultations with our subject specialists and librarians to get individual assistance around research, service and e-media.
From A for borrowing to W for where to find academic essays. In short videos we explain how you can use the UBL and its services even better.
Video Tutorials (Youtube channel of Leipzig University) – English subtitles available on most videos
Our workshops are free of charge, registration is usually required. Most of them take place via the web conferencing system Big Blue Button (BBB) of the University of Leipzig. You will need an appropriate terminal device; a microphone and webcam are not required. Questions can be asked via the chat. Please note target groups and requirements for participation.